Thursday, October 22, 2009

Everland Halloween Festival

Last year I was dying to go to Everland's Halloween celebration, but couldn't get anyone interested enough. This year, things are different. Two awesome ladies were just as excited as me to go experience all the Spook-tacular Magic of October in Everland!

It was as silly and magical and fantastic as I had expected! Of course, nothing was scary. It was just cuddly pumpkins and cute ghosts. And it was great.



The Dish and I, getting eaten by a giant pumpkin:


My awesome dates: Tricia and Emily (3):


It was a little too cool for a water ride, so Korean ingenuity kicked in - they covered each seat with these big velcro vinyl sheets!


Plus, Harry Potter even made an appearance!


In other news, we're still getting all geared up for Halloween in Kindergarten. The kids keep telling me that they've got these terrifying costumes planned so they can scare ME in the Haunted House (Eileen even told Tyler Teacher today that she was going to hide in the corner and trip him when he jumps out to scare her, hahaha).

Speaking of children saying awesome things, my kids constantly surprise me. Sun Q asked me the other day, "Teacher! Do you know what love is? Love is a very dangerous thing!" Also, while they were picking their seats on the mat for story time, three of the girls were fighting over who got to sit next to Sun Q. He looked up at me with this blushing grin and said, "I guess they all love me!" and shrugged his shoulders :)

And while we were writing about our favorite activities, Eileen asked me, "Teacher, how do you spell 'Servant of Evil'?" I almost fell over... A 7-year-old wants to spell Servant of Evil?! I asked her why she would want to spell that, and she said her cousin in Canada told her that was the name of the scary movie they liked... I told her "Let's just write 'scary movies.'"

That's the update for now. Please leave comments. I'm begging for them, people! And more updates soon - this weekend is The Dish's big surprise!!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Sun Q, You my friend are my Hero! Eileen you are a girl.... You have "Servant of Evil" embedded on your DNA. It's science. I was Wichita had an Everland, unfortunately we are stuck with Allstar Sports.>=(

Viva la Joyland!!!!

audra said...

Leave it to the Koreans to make Halloween not scary at all!

audra said...

The cafe latte reminds me of how non Spanish speaking Americas will say, I know Spanish: taco, enchilada, queso, etc. At least he didn't say "Big Mac" or "I love Britney Spears"