Tuesday, November 3, 2009

...but I have to quickly add...

...this funny story from today:

We were carving pumpkins for Halloween after lunch today with the Kinders. Actually, I was carving the pumpkin, and sternly reminding them to stay far away from me since I had a sharp knife... They were fascinated and kept telling me how strong I was, and that I needed to be careful...

Of course, I sliced my palm open with the blade.

After making sure that I was genuinely OK, my boys started pretend-sobbing about my injury. They were crying, "Why, Teacher?? You cut your hand!! I think Teacher's not OK!!" One boy in particular was hilarious:

In his most hysterical sob-voice, he wailed "TEEEEEEECHEERRRR!!!! Every day I say to you 'BE CAREFUL TEACHER! STAY AWAY FROM KNIVES TEACHER!' and every day you don't listen! Now you cut your hand teacher! Why you do that when I say 'BE CAREFUL' Teacher???"

I almost cut myself again because I was laughing so hard. I love these kids!

Love you all!

2 comments:

George Deftereos 조지 said...

Hey,

I've not commented before but I'm always lurking.

How long was school out? Did you need stitches for your hand? So I guess the Halloween day is on Friday?
I came up to Itaewon last week, in a cockblock costume. Got some interesting reactions.

Emily Lucille said...

School was out for three days... I went abroad :)
My hand was fine - just clotted it with some pumpkin and it was golden, hahaha.
How the H do you dress up as a cockblock?!?! I've gotta see that!