Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving in Korea

It seems like I'm always posting about holidays the month after... Which seems odd, especially since I'm living in the future. But I actually have an excuse this time - I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving until the Saturday after.

Last Saturday there was a big Thanksgiving buffet at a Canadian bar in Gangnam (in Seoul). It ended up being pretty good, even though they kept running out of mashed potatoes. But I got all the other basics: turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.

This is Angie and I celebrating the pie:


Angie, Catherine, and I - all grateful that only God-fearing Christians celebrate Thanksgiving:


This is our assigned "Thanksgiving Family"


They even played the horrific Cowboys/Seahawks game from Thanksgiving day!


Not gonna lie - as much as I hate the Cowboys and was disgusted by the game, it felt AMAZING to be watching football again!

The only drawback to Thanksgiving in Korea (besides not celebrating with my family) was that I missed out on the regular "post-holiday reunion" that I usually have with my best friends at Old Chicago. Well, they let me know I was missed, and that I was with them in spirit (and on paper) -


If you look closely, there's an exact likeness of me on that notebook paper. They are artists and scholars!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love your comments about our night out. Truly was a night to behold! Well, from what I can remember anyway. I want you to come home, man. Selfish! There! I admit it, but frankly I don't care. You know, I wouldn't mind this amazing, life-changing experience of yours so much if frickin' Korea wasn't so frickin' far away! Can't you have an amazing, life-changing experience in Dallas? :) LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

What about meeting in Japan in the spring, I want to see the cherry blossoms. Actually Clint (Breea's cousin) drew you. I tried to give him a description of you as he was drawing. You are so much more 3 dimensional. We really miss you, stupid amazing life-changing experiences (grumble, grumble)