Thursday, December 18, 2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

It's less than a week until LCI's Christmas celebration, and we've been preparing like mad!

Apparently, on Christmas Eve (our last day of classes before vacation), the kids will be visited by not only Santa Claus, but also a magician!! I'm so excited!! ... I mean... THE KIDS are so excited!! Also, I've been asked to help emcee the Christmas festival, so it'll be fun to sort of have a front row seat to all the thrills of Christmas!

I also got my bulletin board all ready for Christmas - it's a smorgasbord of snowflakes and snowmen and stockings and children's faces... And I love it :)



Here's a closeup of some of the silly snowflake faces:



And some of my older classes have been helping me make snowflakes for the window:



But the most important part of our Christmas festivities is the song contest. Many of you will remember the spooky ghost song we performed for Halloween... Well, the kids didn't bring their "A" game, and we didn't win any prizes. They were disappointed, and I've been trying to turn that disappointment into motivation to do better this time around.

It's been a fight on many fronts (and not neccessarily with the kids), but we've decided on "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." I'm pretty sure they sing it "Good timings we bring to you and your cats" but it sounds almost right :)

Without further adieu, here's Emily Teacher's 6-1 class spreading some Christmas Cheer:



You gotta love 'em. I do. They're my little monkeys.

Love you all!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, they provide yet another entertaining performance. Way to go Teach...
Love you and wish you a Merry Christmas.
Mom

Anonymous said...

You must be the coolest teacher ever! The bulletin board is awesome, and I LOVED their performance of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas!" That's definitely some "A" game material! And I know you will make a great emcee. Wish I could be there to watch you in action! Go, Em, Go!

Anonymous said...

Great performance! I like the dracula like laughing at the end of the song! You must be having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a second or third verse to the song. I know they'll take the Tony award this time. Love you

Anonymous said...

that was the cutest...




P.S. fyi cj or who i like to call dad every body knows the 2nd verse.

Unknown said...

Hey, sweetie - I hope that you have a great New Year, and that you found the Christmas presents awesome (even if Rick forgot to wrap them)....lol

Love you, and miss you!

Aunt Karen