Sunday, June 21, 2009

Momma's Library...

A while back, my incredibly thoughtful mother sent over a bunch of books she had picked up for my Kinders. They weren't reading so well yet, so I used them as our story-time books. The other day, during playtime, they suddenly remembered they were on the shelf, and 8 of my 9 students chose to sit and read rather than run around and play. It was awesome.

Getting settled in with their books:




Sun Q found something funny in his:


Andrew wanted Becky's book, I think :)


Laura and Evelyn chose to read together:


Sally was helping Eileen with a word:


Sun Q, deeply engrossed in "Scruffy":


Also, a few weeks ago, we took a pretty fun field trip to a car museum - there were old cars from all over the world there. We also ran into some Korean high schoolers who were so impressed with my Kinders' level of English they had to ask them if they were actually from Korea :)

On the bus with Jordan Teacher's class:


Posing with a kind of creepy statue - see how Eileen looks really uncomfortable on the bench with the plastic woman, hahaha:


And posing in front of an equally creepy Doc from Back To The Future:


Ok, people - this is 3 recent blog updates. Get those comments on here, and let me know that I'm not just doing this to kill some time on a Sunday night :)

Love you all!!

6 comments:

Rick said...

It's awesome that you have educated these children from the crazy little houlagins that I met at Christmas to the Bi-lingual literate little people in this post you should be so proud of what you have done there, I know everyone here is. I especially liked the Car/Zombie museum pictures. I didn't notice the last post til I read this one but I was a little heart broken fot the girl in the hall. I was so shocked, that poor girl. Can you say abandonment issues.

Emily Lucille said...

Thanks Rick... and actually, I'm making one of my students TRIlingual! She's going to Paris on vacation, and can already say "Please," "Thank you," and "I am happy," in French!

The Girl In The Hall incident was soo sad... I wanted to punch her parents in their noses.

Trish the Dish said...

your kids rock! and whats this kid in the hall thing??

Emily Lucille said...

The crying Korean child in the hallway. You know, the story you had to hear 4 times :)

Bree-da-dee said...

I love that your kids are so bright, but it makes me bummed about the educational future for American children. Most American adults aren't bilingual, so it's no wonder speaking more than one language isn't too high on the priority list for our children. I'm going to make Jordan speak another language. :) Have you hard of the muzzy program or something like that?

Becky Richardson said...

No - you are not just killing time on a Sunday night. Your blogs are great! Keep them up. Come see us next time you are in Wichita.

Love, Becky Richardson