Thursday, December 3, 2009

Post-Korea

Ok, we need to move that video down so my silly face isn't the first thing people see here :)

It's taken months and many changes, but I finally have my plan for post-Korea! (Well, at least through September of 2010). So I thought I'd share it with you, so you guys could share in my excitement!

I'll be leaving Korea around February 28th. Ideally, I'd like to go somewhere tropical around here for a few days, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. So at the earliest, I'll be home March 1, and the latest will be March 7.

On March 21, I fly to Guatemala for 4 weeks to study Spanish in La Antigua. I'm really looking forward to getting passably fluent in a second language! I come back home on April 17.

Around April 26 or so, I will fly to Miami to see my uncle and his family. Then on May 2 we will all fly to the Netherlands for my cousin's wedding! We return to Miami on May 17, so I should be back home around the 19th.

THEN I WILL BE HOME FOR A FEW MONTHS! I'll probably find some waitstaff job to get me by (Unless anyone at that point knows of some great temp work I could do!). My sister is getting married June 11, so that'll be the excitement for that month!

On August 24 I will fly to Peru for 4 weeks to get my TEFL/TESOL certification (teaching English to foreign learners). That program is over September 22, at which point I will hopefully find a job teaching in South America!

Ok, there you have it! I'm so excited for all of these plans I've finally made! I'm also happy to have something to look forward to when I leave here, as I'm really starting to get sad about leaving this life and these friends and my kids. But I think I've planned some decent distractions :)

Love you all!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks for moving the picture, I think we all needed that 8) just kidding! Look at you, plans all the way out to September. Wow thats a long time in "Emily years". That really is exciting! I'm so happy that you are getting to see and experence so much. You're in like the anit-rut. Can't wait til March!

Bree-da-dee said...

Ah, long term planning. Never thought I'd see my Emmylou do it in such detail as you've laid out. So proud! **Tear** Can't wait to see you, dear! Just a few months now! LOVE YOU!

Jalayne, Emily's momma said...

I don't like the plan...let's change it...