Monday, December 21, 2009

Snapshots

Life's been pretty relaxed lately. School is the same as last year, so the stress I experienced a year ago with Festival and Christmas and Halloween and homesickness had been reduced by at least half, simply by virtue of familiarity.

There have been, however, some fun photos I've been able to snap lately, and wanted to share them with you!

First, the disturbing discovery I made outside the construction zone right next to my building... What are they unearthing over there?!


This is the whole crew at Thanksgiving dinner (at a Canadian bar in Seoul - the same one as last year)

It was just as delicious as before!

In our restroom (which is a public bathroom in the hallway) at school, these signs were recently posted - in both male and female restrooms:

Really? No fishing?!? What am I supposed to do during my lunch break?!

Speaking of strange signs, I think something must be lost in translation when it comes to the opposite of fast food:

This is a new restaurant here in Jukjeon, and I haven't gone in yet, for fear that it'll take hours!

Finally, at one of my favorite bars here, owned by the wildest Korean woman I know, was the ultimate Christmas tree topper:

I think I'll bring this tradition back to the US :)

Love you all!

4 comments:

George Deftereos 조지 said...

man,that toilet sign is unbelievable. Slow food seems to be the new 'wellbeing'. They mean home cooked which is odd if you get it at a restaurant.

the word verification for this comment was 'unbum'. Lets see if I can use that in a sentence

Michele said...

Merry Christmas Emily! Miss you and love you!

me said...

Hey, I'm thinking about coming to yongin and was wondering how you like it. I may teach at a public school with GEPIK. any hints?

Bree-da-dee said...

Yep, I agree. Champagne as a tree topper is key! And don't worry; you can fish in my toilet anytime! HA! So I've decided to mail your bday card, because opening it in March just seems weird. But I don't know if you get the stuff I send you, because you've never mentioned getting anything before, so let me know when you get it. LOVE YOU!