Thursday, July 24, 2008

And thennnnnnnn?

Ok, so I recieved my passport back in the mail with my little E-2 Visa stuck like a sticker to one of the pages... SUPER EXCITING!!!

A word about the visa process: I had my interview with the Korean Consulate in Chicago last Friday... I was ready, full-interview mode... I was gonna sell myself and convince these guys that I DESERVE AN E-2 VISA!!! Well, after all four questions and all six minutes of the webcam interview, we were done. Yep. That was it, and he told me they'd mail my passport back on Tuesday. The end.

So now I have to go buy a Korean Language book (I'm gonna try to pick up a few words on the plane), some used paperbacks for English Language Entertainment while I'm there, and dig through my storage unit for my sweaters and winter coat (which i will be shipping via slowboat to Korea).

I can't believe in exactly a week from now I'll be on the flight across the Pacific... Everyone's saving up to come visit, right?!?!?! :)

2 comments:

Lena said...

hey im still waiting on my visa number so i can get on my way to korea also, but i was wondering. I thought you had to do an in person interview at the korean consulate, how did you get a webcam interview, because i would definately like to do that instead

Emily Lucille said...

I thought in-person was required too. Turns out, the consulate won't tell you but you can request a webcam interview. They'll schedule it with you once they receive your documents. Just tell them that's what you want to do.

Good luck!!