Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last Post from the US!!!

Well, here it is. My last full day in Wichita. And I'm still not packed :)

I feel like I should have something profound and meaningful to say here about how much I'll miss Kansas or USA... but mostly I'm just pumped to get on that airplane tomorrow and get this adventure started!!!

I will miss everyone here GREATLY... I know it still hasn't hit me yet that I won't be seeing anyone for a year. (Except my mom... that one's hit me...I miss her already). So keep checking the blog and posting comments. Maybe rude comments so I don't miss you as much :)

Love you all, and be sure to look up in the sky around 9:05 tomorrow morning and wave goodbye!!!

PS -I totally taught myself the Korean alphabet on Friday.. The first word I read in Korean was "Pakistan." IT WAS AWESOME!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a nut... and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Ok everyone, if you read the comments I want to let you know Emily called me this evening. (Friday), She made it, feeling a little overwhelmed and "OMG what did I do:, but that will pass soon. I think it was 18 hours in the air :) I was just happy to hear the company was ligit and she will definately be teaching instead of tricked in to slavery or prostution. (that's a joke of those of you who don't know me.
ANyway, she is safe and in her new apartment and unfortunately will not have computer access until she buys a new cord...hopefully this weekend. She is a beautiful young woman and will face every challenge head on so I have no doubt she will do wonderful things while in Korea.
Thanks
Emily's mom, Jalayne
Dang, I wish this thing had spell check....Em,do you think you can set that up?
I love you baby girl.
Love Mom

Emily Lucille said...

You're so funny, momma. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Emily -
I was reading your mama's entry out loud to Earl and Greg this morning at work- yo mama is a hoot! We are glad you are there and starting your teaching journey gal. We sure do miss your smile around here.

Love the blog - it keeps us in touch with you! God Bless!
Kea