Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Spring!

It's officially spring, and Wichita's getting hit with a snow/ice storm right now. And Korea got cold. I went from wearing a coat every day to sleeping with the window open, back to wearing a coat every day! Make up your mind, Nature!

I'm almost at 8 months in Korea now, which is a little unnerving. I thought for sure by this point in my stay I'd have everything figured out - what I was doing with my life, what comes next, etc etc. But it seems that my feelings on these subjects keep changing with work-stress, missing family, having fun out here, wanting to travel more... So I still have no idea. Luckily I've got a few more months to decide!

Because my time here is (or could be, maybe) running short, my friend Catherine and I decided to live every weekend here like it's our last. We've gone on ferry rides, explored caves, been to a Mongolian village, and next weekend I'll be out catching (and eating!) fresh snow crabs! It's been a blast!

We have a week vacation at the end of July and I've decided (yay! I made at least one decision!) that I will be spending it lounging alone on a secluded beach in Bali. All the research I've done has led me to believe I may not be returning from that Paradise, hahaha... it's so beautiful!

The kids at school are great. Kindergarten is harder this year, so everyone's stressed, but they're figuring out our new rhythm... Elementary is awesome, the kids are so smart. Plus they love me. One girl wrote an essay about how great Emily Teacher is, because "she's funny, but when the class needs to be serious, she makes us serious, and she always explains everything carefully until we understand." What better compliment can a teacher ask for!?!?

That's all I've got, for now. I just wanted to get a bit of an update on here, since the blog was getting stale... I'll post again when something exciting happens, hahaha.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Cindi Wallace said...

I really enjoy your blog and all the pictures you post on Facebook. Really makes me feel like I'm sharing the experience. I can't wait to visit.