Monday, March 30, 2009

For your viewing pleasure...

... I've got some time to occupy, and some music to listen to, so here are some photos for you to enjoy!

We had a fun field trip to see a three-man show of The Emperor's New Clothes. The actor actually came out in his boxers with a fake rubber butt and neon-orange bandaids over his nipples. Anyway, it was so hot in there, my kids were exhausted by the end of it... so here they are, pretending to sleep:


I mentioned the Mongolian Cultural Village in the last blog (I think)... Well we had as much fun in the 3 hours getting there as we did in the 15 minutes of actually being there!

A sign we found in some special Korean monument area:


Pretty sure #2 is "No Yawning." #4 is definitely "Do Not Take A Chipmunk's Temperature Rectally." and #7 could only mean "Do Not Burn Jim and Huck's Raft."

The quintessential Mongolian warrior:


Apparently dinosaurs were a huge problem for the Mongolians...


I can totally see why.


They also had to deal with impaled wolves attacking their sheep:


They had about 8 of these typical Mongolian huts, or gels, set up. They were all the same. Here's one:


And here's the mobile version:


At the end of this trip, all I really wanted was a good coffee can...


I also went to Everland yesterday. If you've been with this blog from the very beginning, you'll remember that in my first post, I wrote about how absolutely thrilled I was to be living so close to Korea's largest amusement park. Well, 8 months in, I finally made it! AND IT WAS AWESOME!

Anyways, here are some highlights from that adventure:




Those familiar with drug-slang will appreciate this sign. It certainly cracked me up! (Disclaimer: I do not engage in recreational drug use!)


And those familiar with WICHITA will LOVE that this exists here:


Finally, those who loved Elvis when he was in his look-like-an-Asian phase, this one's for you:


Apparently, it's ok to feed the monkeys here:


Also, their monkeys are trained electricians:


They teach you all kinds of fun facts about monkeys at Everland:


But my favorite part was the fantastic "photo spot" they had set up in front of their wooden coaster (steepest one in the world, in fact!). They even told you where to place your feet!


Really classic picture, eh? Captures the moment! :)

I hope you enjoyed this photo tour... Now I can slack for a month! :)

Love you all!

3 comments:

CJ said...

I really don't have anything to say, I didn't like seeing "0 comments" at the bottom of the post

Emily Lucille said...

Thanks Uncle CJ. I don't know why I bother posting anything if no one's reading it... AND I CAN'T KNOW YOU'RE READING IT UNLESS YOU COMMENT!!!

audra said...

I think that sign "no rectal temperature taking from a chipmunk" is actually a warning not to set off ass rockets from a dinosaur! I love rough English translation, it is so funny!