Sunday, August 3, 2008

First post from Korea!!

Hi Everyone!!! I made it here in one piece, and wasn't kidnapped (see Mom's comment in the post below to see her update, hahaha). I'm typing this from a weird little balcony room at my apartment - I don't have internet set up yet, but if I prop my laptop in the window just right I can pick up someone's wireless internet. It's very hot in this room, so this won't be a super-long post.

The flight was smooth and uneventful. I finally got to my apartment at about midnight Friday. The previous teacher left me a lot of notes and it's already kind of overwhelming. I met a few other teachers yesterday, got shown around a bit, had two Korean meals, and drank a bit. More details once I can sit in the airconditioning and type this!

Anyways, I start teaching tomorrow and am a bit nervous about it. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I also know myself and how frustrated I'll get that i'm not perfect right away... so this first week will be pretty trying for me, but I'm looking forward to getting in there and meeting the kids and everything.

OK, i'm sweating like crazy (PS - yesterday was HUMID and MUGGY and crazy - like I was walking through a swamp. Today is very sunshiney and dry... beautiful!) More to come - hopeful the internet will be up and running tomorrow, so I'll post pictures and everything then.

Love you all so much!!!!!

No comments: