Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to Muuido

We had to have one last beach weekend before fall came in full force, so we went back (for me) to Muuido - It was beautiful!

Here's the group, excited to get on the road!


You should know almost everyone in that picture - The Korean in the yellow is Tyler's girlfriend, Juri.





I love this picture because it looks like it's from a photo booth:


The crew at dinner on the beach:


We first ordered some sushi (but not like the sushi at home):



And I couldn't handle it. So we also got some samgyeopsal:



And Tyler found an eyeball in his soup:



And ate it.


Here is another interesting soup discovery:



And after all that fun, making the hot journey home on the ferry:



Of course, just going to the beach wasn't enough, so on Saturday we went to this really delicious Italian place in Gangnam. They had a wine buffet too, so for a minute I felt like an American again... at an Italian place... in Korea... :)

Afterwards, Stacy and I found a little bar and made some new Korean friends (who took us to the noraebang too - second time was just as fun!)



But the best part was the decoration in the bar:


Really - it's like Kansas is everywhere here!

Love you all!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I didn't have much of a reaction to the weird food finds in your posts... until today!! EWWW! The spine in the soup really got my stomach. The eyeball too - and he ATE it. It is too early in the morning to be exposed to such things :)
I am glad you are still enjoying yourself and I look forward to your new posts everyday.
Take care,
Mary

Anonymous said...

ha ha, What is lurking below the depths of the soup? I take it you have gotten into the habit of throughly examining your soup.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I happened to come across your blog while looking for the Seoul International fireworks Festival- random acts of discovery; but I am also teaching in Yongin, at Maple Bear in Suji-gu. I arrived here August 24th. How are you liking it in Yongin?
Sorry for the random post, but always nice to come across a fellow foreigner :)

Anonymous said...

These kids have the best birthdays ever. I was lucky if mom sent me Cookies and Sunny-D to school!!

Anonymous said...

I will never, ever as long as I live eat soup in Korea. Ever.