Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween Pictures - And my 50th Blog Post!!

Ok, yes, Halloween is over. But I just had to share the awesome pictures from school. The kids were so cute in their costumes!

And the Haunted House was an incredible success. We had at least 20 kindergarteners cry, and at least 15 elementary kids cry. It may sound dark and demented, but we counted that as positive feedback :)

We send weekly reports home with the kinders, and sometimes their parents write back to us. Many parents were telling stories about how their kids couldn't sleep on Friday because they were still so scared! My students are awesome though - their parents said they were scared, but after Emily Teacher explained how it was fake, they were ok. One mother said, "Eileen told me she was frightened, but after you held her in your arms she was calm." So sweet!

And now, without further adieu:

Our ghost decorations:


Ryan thought Emily Teacher's zombie groan was hilarous:


Sun Q and his mother made his snail costume together - I loved it!


The boys:


The girls:


This may have been part of the reason the Haunted House was so scary...

Brett was actually going for kids' jugulars with this mask!

Danielle's awesome Bride of Frankenstein hair:


The lobby at LCI was all decked out:




Song contest:


We didn't win the song contest or the classroom decorating contest, but I did win $40 for best costume! We went out to Itaewon after school for Halloween, and no fewer than 10 Koreans asked if they could take my picture. Guess I'm a pretty believable Zombie Pirate :)

Me and Kung Fu Panda Stacy:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very good look for you! Kevin and I were Al and Peggy Bundy, I made a great Peggy.

Anonymous said...

Shut up, Audra! I went as Two, Wild, and Crazy Girls with a girlfriend of mine, and the pants were so outrageous that I plan on being Peg Bundy next year! Ha ha ha!
Love the pirate-zombie costume, man! Was it hard to find costumes and decorations in Korea? I thought they didn't celebrate Halloween. ???

Emily Lucille said...

Actually, our school rented us the costumes, so that was cool. Because yes, it was very hard to find things here. They celebrate it a little, but only to the extent that their children or foriegn friends do, you know? It's still new and strange to them. Which is probably why so many people took my picture when we went out...