Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fur?

So the other day in one of my elementary classes, Grace (of the earlier "Relationship Advice" post) started rubbing the side of my calf. I was sitting next to her, and kind of in the middle of teaching, so I let it go. But she didn't stop. Finally I asked her, "You like rubbing my leg?" She said, "Yeah, it's fuzzy."

I hadn't shaved in a few days. This was primarily because I'm lazy and have never liked to shave my legs. But also because the last time I shaved, I put my foot up on the toilet lid for easier access, and the whole thing shattered. My foot ended up in the toilet bowl and the shards of lid cut up and bruised my leg. So I was a little gun-shy.

But I told her, "That's because I need to shave." (ps - my kids all know the "break the toilet" story) She kept doing it and said "Teacher, it kind of feels cool. But why do you have hair on your legs and I have, like, none?" I said, "Two reasons, Grace. A - because you're Korean. And B..." She cut in here with "I'm too young for hair on my legs!" So at least she understands that...

Anyways, today I wore shorts again. She asked if I had shaved, and I told her I had (just this morning, in fact!). She wanted to feel it and said, "Oh! It's so soft! But Teacher... I think it's better with a little fur on it."

I pretty much died laughing.

Love you all!

ps - this same girl today also started asking me all kinds of questions about my supervisor (Is she married? How old is she? Does she have kids?). Finally I said, "Why don't you just ask Rachel Teacher this stuff?" She said (almost shocked) "Because, Teacher, that's personal!!!" Hahahahaha

3 comments:

Jalayne (Emily's momma) said...

this is too funny......knowing your history on shaving your legs...
Love you,
Mom

Bree-da-dee said...

I agree with your mom! Emily has fur-ry leeegs! Emily has fur-ry leeegs! And I LOVE that you told her that she didn't have hair on her legs because she's Korean! That's not true...is it? And I love how nosy that girl was! Makes me want to adopt her! Tee hee!

audra said...

What a crappy toilet seat! That's not safe, at least it wasn't your butt that went through! It is hilarious that one of your students would get so much pleasure out of stroking your furry legs. Are you bringing your razor on vacation? ha ha ha