Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mudfest

We went to Mudfest last weekend. It's basically a big event at a beach that's famous for its mud. Apparently the mud has all sorts of beauty and health benefits... I will say my skin was incredibly soft the next day!

It was a blast, and the story is best told in picture form (pictures which I must credit to Nancy, as I took none):

This was definitely the most foreigners I've seen in one place in the year I've been here.


They had mudsinks with paintbrushes for application:


Being muddy is fun. They also had a mudslide, mud wrestling pit, and corndogs.


...and lots of booze...


I got my butt kicked in the wrestling pit... my students counted no fewer than 15 bruises on me (and those were just the visible ones!)... so by the end of the day, I was pretty darn sleepy.


Fortunately, there was plenty of room in our hotel for the 8 of us to sleep :)


The next day was crazy-windy and rainy, and we went to the beach for a little bit... until it started hailing on us! We managed to catch an early bus back home, with plenty of time to rest up for our week.

And I leave for Kuala Lumpur, Bali, and Singpore in 8 days!!! I, and my students, are so ready for a vacation!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Bree-da-dee said...

So jealous!!! I want to go to a Mudfest! How fun! And you KNOW I would've had your back in any kind of wrestling event! LOL! Love you!

audra said...

Playing in the mud, my inner child approves!

Becky Boucher said...

hey girl looks like your really living it up !!! MISS YOU TAKE CARE