Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coffee!

So today started out a bit rotten. Last night, I was invited by Julio to go with him and Carina (his girlfriend) and some friends to the beach. I was very excited, even when he said we'd leave at 6 am. So at 5:45 this morning I rolled out of bed, packed a bag, and was ready to go. And I waited. And waited. Then I laid back down (with the light on and the door open) and must have fallen back to sleep. And they left without me.

I was disappointed, as I really wanted to see the ocean here. But then Claudia invited me to walk up to the coffee plantation near the house and have a cuppa and read a while. So I did, and it was great!













The coffee was fantastic, and they have a lot of tours you can do. Sometime this week I think I'll go back and do the canopy tour - where you take 7 different ziplines through the trees!

Then we came back to the house for lunch, which was delicious - I love how much guacamole we eat here! Now I'm just sitting - I was going to go into Antigua today, but I'm getting a pedicure there Monday, so I'll just wait to explore more until then :)

I forgot to include the photos of Antigua's Parque Central in my last post... It's very famous here, and many people go there just to hang out. And it's pretty. And has a naughty fountain.









That's the excitement for the weekend, folks. Hope you're enjoying the pictures and updates!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you bring back Guatemalan coffee???