Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dark Knight Rocks Socks!!!

So I went to Seoul for the first time today... I didn't get to see much of the city, but it didn't matter because I SAW DARK KNIGHT IN IMAX and it was AWESOME... seriously an ass-kicking, sock-rocking, finger-licking movie!! Everyone should go see it. Right now. This blog will be here when you get back.. Go see it!


Did you like it? Good. Me too. :)

It took over a hour to get there by subway, but the time seemed to go by fairly quickly, so that was good. After the movie, it was 5:00 and we were STARVING! We went to a place called Bier Halle (so German in Korea!) and got some grub... and watched Angela eat fried cuttlefish... it was basically battered tentacles. But the fries and tots there were Grrrrrrrrrreat! (thanks Kristen and Jake!).

The post-movie-bier-halle-crew:

Back row: Kristen and Angela
Front row: Jake, Jordan (who just got here Thursday night and IS NOT A COUPLE!! WOO HOO!!), and a very bad picture of Emily.

Here's a fun picture of Jake's Coke bottle (I'm digging the American products with Hangul all over them):


Speaking of American, here's a picture of a restaurant in the mall JUST FOR MY LITTLE BROTHER!!!


And while we're on the subject, here's another korean-ized American product:

That's AJ eating apple pie with chopsticks... It's really a huge metaphor for what this country does to it's foreign teachers, I think. :)

On the subway ride home I saw this AWESOME outfit (It really makes me sad that all the clothes are too small for me... I'd drop $100 for something this hot without blinking an eye):


After the movie I did a little grocery shopping in E-mart (and priced bed cushions... this stupid slab of concrete I'm sleeping on needs some help!). I saw this crab trying to avoid being someone's dinner:


Super-cool, eh? And since i shopped, I now have the option of PB&J sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches... Yeah, baby.. Emily's living the dream!

Love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the movie in Korean??. Back to the boy in yellow, Monday was your 1st day also did it take until Thursday for you to stop crying? Did you see the fireworks from Beijing opening ceremony in Seoul, shit I think I saw them over here.
Love you
(keep singing Korean kids and gang signs)

Anonymous said...

Woo! I saw it in Imax last night too! 'twas amazing. And Popeyes?! Seriously?!
I enjoy seeing these pictures. Hopefully I'll get to go visit next year

Mary said...

Hi Emily!! I have been reading your blog and feeling envious. You look like you are having a GREAT time! I can't wait to read more.
I just started my new job at the Oklahoma Tax Commission and I will be going to court for the first time as council on Tuesday. I start school again on the 25th and am excited to see everyone and find out what they have been doing with their summer.
I didn't get to meet up with Rick while I was back in Wichita 2 weeks ago, but hopefully I will see him again soon. I can't wait until he gets his license back and can come to Mannford to see our place. Anyway, that's an update on what I have been up to - just a little reciprocation so I don't feel like such a voyeur when I am reading about your life :)
You look great by the way! I know you have been working hard at getting fit and it shows. Good luck and best wishes!
Mary Gannaway

Emily Lucille said...

CJ- The movie was in English with Korean subtitles, so it was understandable for us foreigners :)

Jonas- That would be so effing awesome if you could come out here!!!

Mary- Glad you found the blog! Hope you keep loving it! and good luck on your first day in court!