Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well, not a lot...

that's what I've been up to :)

Last night a few of us went to WaBar after work for a couple beers (and also so Brett and Courtney could plan their birthday party -they were both born on 8-29). It was a pretty good time:

Courtney and Emily


Brett and Tyler


Afterwards we went to get a bite to eat - some at Kimbap Paradise and some at this roadside stand thing. Tyler and I got the roadside food - it was DELICIOUS!!!! It was fried potato, shrimp, and kimbap (rice and seaweed). Then Courtney let me try her "dunkas" (probably spelled wrong) and it was also DELICIOUS!!! It's basically a fried pork fritter with cheese in it. So good!

School was good today - I got two dances choreographed with my drama kids - My kindergarteners are mildly insane - and I learned where the jjimjilbang is in my building (that's the place where you strip down and relax in hot and cold pools and saunas and get massages). So as soon as I get the nerve to show Koreans my large white goods, I'll be going there :)

I'll leave you with this image (because this is kind of a boring post): The contents of my refrigerator!!!


Also, the Goober stuff I got that was expired:


Love you all!

7 comments:

Rick said...

GoooooD Morning, South Korea! (Well it's morning for me) So just Fyi, showing me an empty refrigerator is not the way to talk me into buying a ticket. I'm just saying there are better ways. I wish I could see you dances that you choreographed. I bet that they are great. Gotta go. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hola, Emmylou! Hope you liked the NYC photos! I love how the infamously accurate self-photo has made an appearance in S. Korea! Get your butt to the massage parlor! CAN'T WAIT to hear about that experience. Tee hee! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Let me understand this, your blog is 'teaching the young'uns in yongin' however you start with party at the bar last night than a short 1 liner about your class (good job keep those priorities in order). Your refrigerator is clean at least. Nice 'smile' quote on your desk, I can here you over here (nice picture of you and your mother also, don't cry when you look at it let me here you over here.
love you

Anonymous said...

"large white goods"... I just busted a gut!!!!!!! Thanks! Sheila.

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... who cares if they see you nakey. After a year you'll never see these people again, right? Nor will you be able to understand what they are saying when they are making fun of how pastey you are. :) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your reading the experiation date wrong on your peaunt butter. It could be 10-01-09. Are you reading it at 9-10-01? Silly girl.

Anonymous said...

Did you teach them the Macarena or maybe the soulja boy dance? :)
Show those Koreans your goodies...I hear your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard