Sunday, August 10, 2008

From Saturday:

I stole this from Kirsten and Jake's blog - it's a picture of one of the subway cars we were in - it was RIDICULOUSLY packed (but I noticed there's almost this "foreigner bubble"... like they don't want to touch us any more than absolutely neccessary... which is ok by me!).


Also, Jordan and I went to E-Mart tonight to get some junk. Let me just say, that walk becomes a lot longer when you've got bags of heavy groceries and you're carrying a bed cushion between you. So everyone say "Thank You Jordan!" for helping me carry everyhing back... And of course, the thing was too wide for my bed... But after an epic battle between me and the mattress pad, I've got it on there! Update in the morning on whether it was worth it! :)

Love you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you didn't lay down on the bed to see how it felt? Hey, maybe you can borrow a shopping cart from E-Mart to push your items back to the apartment. What? They don't allow bag ladies? :)
The bubble would work for me...maybe they know how important personal space is to us Americans....It was great to have such a long phone conversation with you yesterday. I miss you, I love you, and have the time of your life...
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Heck with the shopping cart and jordan, get yourself a RADIO FLYER RED WAGON

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having the time of your life! I like the look of the little 9 cats you are herding! What a terrific international experience with Popeye's, Coke, and corn dogs...i trust you'll find a Korean tailor to make you something wild!!!
Best wishes!
Dr. Bill

Emily Lucille said...

You know, the carts at E-Mart require a 100 won deposit to use - so maybe I COULD have pushed it home.. but they hate us waeguks enough. I'm totally down with a red wagon!!
You know what would really help, though? My backpack. I wish I would have thought to bring it!

And how funny is Dr. Bill with his ironic "international experience" comment!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you really that much taller than all the Koreans or are you holding the camera up? B/c if you were really that gigantic, that would be AWESOME! Do people often ask if you are a basketball player :)