Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My directorial debut...

I was going to blog about the jjimjilbang tonight, but I just watched the video I took of the FINAL rehearsal before the big drama show tomorrow, and I'm so proud of these kids... They're so awesome. Keep in mind, we've only practiced about 7 times together - THEY ROCK!!!

The premise is this: There's no food for the animals, so Little Hippo and Little Turtle venture into the jungle to find some. This is dangerous because SCARY DINO lives there! However, as we all know, music soothes even the savage beast, and the animals all learn that they can be very happy if they all just sing together!

If you have about 5 1/2 minutes to spare, watch the video. You won't be disappointed!



Also, here's the awesome hat I bought tonight.



It says "I'm too human. SOUL'dOUT. Suit Myself." And the note in front of it is from my little Michelle (little Hippo in the play). It places me on par with hump day. She loves us both. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO! BRAVO! Can we get subtitles next time?? ;) They're doing great. Especially the dino.

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love the songs. Keep up the good work and tell the little one's BRAVO from Kansas.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Sissy....have you noticed that Uncle CJ has not posted in a while. After all the crap he gave you. What's up with that big brother.

Anonymous said...

That was so cute!!! Does the Sundance Film Festival have any openings! Excellent work, Em!

Anonymous said...

Very Very Cute!! Hope you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'v been letting you rookies have your say but here goes
What the heck were they saying, the only words i got were "action" and "wake up" (were you the dino??)
Did the little boy choose the short straw?? and what does 'twinkle twinkle little star' have to do with dinosaurs, is that the only song you knew to teach them?? I do like the hat

Emily Lucille said...

Finally!! CJ's alive!
I can't believe you didn't know what they were saying! Are you insulting my skills as an English teacher? :)
The boy loves drama - he rocks on stage. And I didn't write the play or choose the songs - nothing that's in English here really ever makes sense. At all.