Monday, September 8, 2008

And Mom said let there be food...

So, most of you who read this blog know me well... And if you do, you know that I love to cook! (You don't get a Renaissance derriere like mine unless you have a certain "joie de FOOD!")

Anyways, I haven't been able to much entertain my culinary creativity since I've been here, mostly owing to the fact that there's not quite the variety that I'm used to working with at the grocery store.

Well, Momma took care of that. Sunday, I went to Songtan (where an Air Force Base is) to pick up 3 of the 6 boxes that my mom sent me. I now have the most beautifully filled cabinets in Jukjeon (at least, in my building...or in my kitchen...)

I was so excited to put the food to good use today. So tonight I fried a little bacon in the pan (not too crispy, just enough to cook it and get the juices flowing), cooked some lemon-pepper and garlic seasoned chicken in the bacon grease, and added both chicken and bacon to an Olive Oil and Garlic flavored Pasta-Roni with a small can of peas. It was THE BEST MEAL EVER!!!!

Seriously, I forgot how much cooking makes me come alive. I had a perma-grin all night long. And a most satisfied palate.

Thanks, Momma!!!

And to everyone else, my address is posted on this blog - come on now :)

HA!

Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, everything is better with Bacon. Breea Bacon, that is! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to name all the things I like with Bacon!