Monday, September 29, 2008

Live music (and soup fun)

Remember the field of flowers I posted about earlier? Well, in a matter of about 48 hours it was transformed into a party zone - here was the new view out of my classroom window:



The music started around 6:00, which was horrible because it made the last 50 minutes of class (for all of us whose windows face that field) totally worthless - the kids couldn't stay away from the window. The rumor was that the Wondergirls were going to be there (they of the earworms "I'm so Hot" and "T-t-t-t-tell me").

So since I'm here for the cultural experience as well as the teaching, Stacy, Steve, Tyler and I decided to go check it out after school. But first, as is Tyler's obsession, we had to get some samgyeopsal and soju:





The concert/festival/whatev was really fun - I'm still not sure what it was for, but it was a good time :)







The next day, Jordan and I met for lunch. Often food is served with some kind of soup. It's always an adventure, particularly when the soup is opaque and you go digging around at the bottom for veggies - needless to say, Jordan and I were both done with the soup after this gem:



For the record, that's not such an unusual sight here :)

Love you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. That's gross.

Anonymous said...

ok, no soup for me when I come visit. By the way, what happened to the field of flowers? They didn't last long. I like your view from your class, I would be day dreaming all day......sorry teach!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

ok never mind....I believe I see the yellow in the field...so you mean they trampled the flowers just so music could be played?

Jordan said...

okay, yeah, one day one of those tentacles is gonna inch its own way up the side of my bowl and i am going to flip. out.

Anonymous said...

I'd try it. It might be delicious and chewy...

Anonymous said...

Oh - Nasty!