Monday, September 22, 2008

Beau-ti-bul

I feel like I need to get something else posted STAT so you're not all left with just a whiny post!

So here you are, a comment on Korea:

This is an extremely image-obsessed culture. Rarely will you see a woman over 20 without perfect hair, makeup, stylish clothes (usually a short skirt) and at least 2 inch heels. Another teacher told me that all their sunscreen has whitening agents in it to maintain their milky skin. And even one of our former supervisors, as she was leaving, talked about how she was leaving the care and control of LCI to supervisors who were "Much more beau-ti-bul and will get more students because they are so beau-ti-bul."

So the other day a bunch of us had to get yet ANOTHER set of passport photos taken. Apparently the 12 I got in the States wasn't enough :) We went to E-mart, the local two story superstore, to get them done. They told us one hour. At Kinko's it took me about three minutes to get my pics, so I thought this was strange.

Anyhow, after an hour (well, more, because SIDEBAR: we saw the horror flick "Mirrors") we picked up what turned out to be the most airbrushed passport photos I've ever seen! I look like a mannequin with nary a flaw in my skin. I even think they reddened my lips a little and brightened my eyes! And we got 6 pics for only $8. So I have two extra photos to send as my headshot in my America's Next Top Model application, hahahahha.

Anyways, anytime I want to feel pretty, I'll just go to E-mart and have some pictures done. It beats two-inch heels anytime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are beau-ti-bul, dah-ling! Abso-rute-ly beau-ti-bul!!!

Anonymous said...

Korean women want to make their skin white, and American women want to make their skin tan and brown. Grass is greener on the other side?